| || |
Calcium Complex InformationCalcium, Magnesium, and Zinc are three essential minerals necessary for good health. Calcium and Magnesium help maintain healthy bones while Zinc is essential for cell division and growth. Zinc also helps support the immune system.
Calcium: Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. Average healthy males have about two and a half to three pounds of calcium while females have about two pounds. Approximately 99 percent of calcium is present in the bones and teeth, which leaves only about one percent in cells and body fluids. While the most important function of calcium involves the maintenance of skeletal health, the small percentage of calcium outside the bones is used to maintain a variety of vital body functions.
Magnesium: Magnesium is involved in the interaction of more than 300 enzyme reactions in the body. It is necessary for the transmission of nerve impulses, temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production and the formation of healthy bones and teeth. It is also vital for cardiovascular health
Zinc: Zinc is necessary for the functioning of over 300 different enzymes and, as such, it plays a vital role in an enormous number of biological processes. Much attention has been placed on this mineral for its role in the immune system. In humans, the highest concentrations of zinc are found in the liver, pancreas, kidneys, bone, and muscles.
Calcium Complex Benefits
- Crucial for the development and long-term health of bones and teeth.
- Plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy heartbeat.
- It is also involved in the body’s blood clotting process.
- Regulates the passage of nutrients and wastes through cell membranes.
- Iinvolved in the regulation of various enzymes that control muscle contraction, fat digestion and metabolism. Regulates the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Involved in blood pressure regulation.
- Aids in the prevention of colorectal cancer in men
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels
- May aid in the treatment of kidney stones
- For support of PMS, calcium may dramatically reduce symptoms
- Plays a key role in supporting bone health in postmenopausal women
- Helps slow the progression of osteoporosis
- Required for metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Involved in the transmission of nerve impulses and muscle contractions.
- Plays a crucial role in maintaining the health of the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Helps thin the blood, relaxes blood vessels, lessens the risk of heart attack and more
- Moderately reduces blood pressure.
- Key player in calcium metabolism
- Important for the health and development of bones and teeth
- Helps maintain the integrity of bones and helps bind calcium to tooth enamel, thus creating a barrier to tooth decay.
- May reduce the risk of developing asthma and is commonly used as part of an overall treatment program for asthmatics
- Used to prevent and treat cardiovascular diseases
- May increase the survival rate of patients with congestive heart failure and it can help lower blood pressure
- Also used to support health in people with diabetes, kidney stones, osteoporosis, PMS symptoms, muscle cramps and migraine headaches
- Its energy-boosting qualities have been used to treat cases of chronic fatigue syndrome
- Helps regulate a wide variety of immune system functions and it may stimulate anti-viral activity
- Facilitates wound healing, especially burns and scars
- Plays an important role in the reproductive system where it is necessary for the development of sperm, for ovulation and for fertilization
- Also involved in sensory perceptions like taste, smell and vision
- Involved with controlling blood sugar levels and has been studied for use in the support of the symptoms of diabetes
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that could benefit arthritis sufferers
- Supports prostate health and prevent the progression of benign prostate enlargement.
- Used to treat stomach ulcers and inflammatory bowel disease
- May support healthy vision and prevent macular degeneration
Calcium Complex NotesThe Dietary Supplement Information Bureau recommends a daily dosage of approximately 1200 mg of Calcium, 400 mg of Magnesium and 25 mg of Zinc.
Calcium Complex Products
| Brand & Product Name || Description || Retail |
| Sale |
| More Info || Buy Now |
| 100 caps || $9.99 || $5.95 || More info |
| 250 caps || $19.99 || $11.95 || More info |
| 250 caps || $21.49 || $12.95 || More info |