| || |
Coenzyme Q10 InformationCoenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a compound found naturally in the energy-producing center of the cell known as the mitochondria. CoQ10 is involved in the making of an important molecule known as ATP. ATP serves as the cell's major energy source and drives a number of biological processes including muscle contraction and the production of protein. CoQ10 also works as an antioxidant.
Antioxidants are substances that scavenge free radicals, damaging compounds in the body that alter cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death. Free radicals are believed to contribute to the aging process as well as the development of a number of health problems including heart disease and cancer. Antioxidants such as CoQ10 can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause.
Coenzyme Q10's benefits are due to the following two attributes. First, Co-Q10 is an important fat-soluble antioxidant that is uniquely able to protect the cells' energy producing machinery, known as mitochondria, from free radical damage. Second, coenzyme Q10 is necessary for the production of energy in all cells of the body. Even though coenzyme Q10 occurs in the cells of all plants and animals, dietary sources do not provide adequate levels of this nutrient.
Coenzyme Q10 Benefits
- Most important application for Co-Q10 is in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease and related disorders that involve the heart, including atherosclerosis.
- Reduces the frequency of angina episodes and strengthens the heart muscle and increases quality of life and survivability in those with congestive heart failure
- Coenzyme Q10 has also been shown to decrease blood pressure in patients with high blood pressure
- Doctors have used Co-Q10 to treat breast cancer and support health in patients receiving chemotherapy
- Of potential benefit to diabetics is the fact that Co-Q10 may enhance insulin production
- Co-Q10 has also been used with favorable results to treat symptoms of muscular dystrophy and gum disease, both of which are linked to Co-Q10 deficiency
- Patients with Parkinsonís disease may benefit from Co-Q10 supplementation
- Obesity may also be linked to a deficiency of Co-Q10
- Co-Q10 has been associated with an increase in sperm count,improved sperm motility and improved rates of fertilization.
- Also of important note is the fact that Co-Q10 may protect against the side effects of drugs such as beta-blockers and some antipsychotics.
- Levels of CoQ10 tend to be lower in people with high cholesterol compared to healthy individuals of the same age. In addition, certain cholesterol-lowering drugs called statins (such as atorvastatin, cerivastatin, lovastatin, pravastatin, simvastatin) appear to deplete natural levels of CoQ10 in the body
- CoQ10 may help prevent heart damage caused by certain chemotherapy drugs (namely adriamycin or other athracycline medications).
Coenzyme Q10 NotesThe Dietary Supplements Information Bureau recommends a daily dosage of 30-300 mg of CoQ10 for optimal results. Coenzyme Q10 appears to be generally safe with no significant side effects, except occasional stomach upset.
Coenzyme Q10 Products
| Brand & Product Name || Description || Retail |
| Sale |
| More Info || Buy Now |
| 30 caps, 50 mg || $18.99 || $11.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 caps, 50 mg || $36.95 || $21.95 || More info |
| 30 caps, 100 mg || $34.99 || $20.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 caps, 100 mg || $64.99 || $38.95 || More info |
| 120 caps || $49.95 || $29.95 || More info |
| 30 softgels, 50 mg || $29.99 || $17.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 softgels, 50 mg || $52.99 || $31.95 || More info |
| 50 caps, 10 mg || $7.99 || $4.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 100 caps, 10 mg || $14.99 || $8.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 caps || $26.95 || $15.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 50 caps, 30 mg || $19.99 || $11.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 100 caps, 30 mg || $37.99 || $22.95 || More info |
| 60 caps, 30 mg || $24.95 || $14.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 100 caps, 30 mg || $37.94 || $22.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 caps, 60 mg || $39.94 || $23.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 60 softgels, 60 mg || $39.94 || $23.95 || More info |
| 30 softgels, 100 mg || $34.94 || $20.95 || More info |
| 30 caps || $13.99 || $8.95 || More info |
| 30 caps || $20.00 || $11.95 || More info |
| 60 caps || $38.00 || $23.95 || More info |