| || |
Folic Acid InformationFolic acid is a member of the water-soluble B vitamin group. In the body, folic acid is converted to a more biologically active form. Like vitamin B12, folic acid is necessary for the production of both DNA and RNA. It is therefore essential for proper cellular division and the transmission of the genetic code to all newly formed cells. It is also essential for the health of red blood cells and the production of proteins and various amino acids.
Folic Acid Benefits
- Necessary for the production of both DNA and RNA
- Essential for proper cellular division and the transmission of the genetic code to all newly formed cells
- Also essential for the health of red blood cells and the production of proteins and various amino acids.
- In women, folic acid is crucial for closure of the fetusí neural tube during pregnancy
- In general, pregnancy doubles a womanís requirements for folic acid
- May treat cervical dysplasia and decrease the necessity of hysterectomies
- People with major depression or schizophrenia may benefit from folic acid supplementation
- May also be beneficial to alcoholics, who are commonly deficient in folic acid
- Supplementation with folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 has been effective in enhancing cognitive performance in older adults
- Can also lower homocysteine levels, even when the levels are increased by lipid lowering medications
- May prevent the development and progression of atherosclerosis.
- Folic acid in mouthwash form may offer treatment for inflammation of the gums, or gingivitis
Folic Acid NotesThe Dietary Supplements Information Bureau recommends a daily dosage of 400 mcg of this supplement for optimal health. This dietary supplement is considered safe when used in accordance with proper dosing guidelines.
Large doses of this dietary supplement may mask vitamin B12 deficiency.
Folic Acid Products
| Brand & Product Name || Description || Retail |
| Sale |
| More Info || Buy Now |
| 100 caps, 800 mcg || $6.95 || $3.95 || More info |
| 200 caps, 800 mcg || $10.95 || $6.95 || More info |
| 100 caps, 800 mcg || $4.99 || $2.95 || More info |
| 100 tabs || $3.63 || $1.95 || More info ||Discontinued|