| || |
Zinc InformationZinc is involved in carbohydrate, protein, fat, and energy metabolism and helps support the immune system. As an important mineral, Zinc is also essential for cell division and growth. Zinc is necessary for the functioning of over 300 different enzymes and, as such, it plays a vital role in an enormous number of biological processes. Much attention has been placed on this mineral for its role in the immune system. In humans, the highest concentrations of zinc are found in the liver, pancreas, kidneys, bone, and muscles.
- Helps regulate a wide variety of immune system functions and it may stimulate anti-viral activity
- Facilitates wound healing, especially burns and scars
- Plays an important role in the reproductive system where it is necessary for the development of sperm, for ovulation and for fertilization
- Also involved in sensory perceptions like taste, smell and vision
- Involved with controlling blood sugar levels and has been studied for use in the support of the symptoms of diabetes
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that could benefit arthritis sufferers
- Supports prostate health and prevent the progression of benign prostate enlargement.
- Used to treat stomach ulcers and inflammatory bowel disease
- May support healthy vision and prevent macular degeneration
Zinc NotesThe Dietary Supplement Information Bureau recommends a daily dosage of approximately 25 mg of Zinc. Doses of 45mg per day are safe, but regular intake greater than 150mg per day could be a problem. Zinc toxicity can cause diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, vomiting, loss of muscle coordination and lethargy. Tell your doctor if any of these effects occur. Do not use any vitamin or mineral in children under 2 years of age unless first discussed with your healthcare professional.
| Brand & Product Name || Description || Retail |
| Sale |
| More Info || Buy Now |
| 90 caps, 30 mg || $12.49 || $7.95 || More info ||Discontinued|
| 100 caps, 30 mg || $6.49 || $3.95 || More info |
| 90 caps, 50 mg || $7.95 || $4.95 || More info |
| 180 caps, 50 mg || $12.95 || $7.95 || More info |
| 100 caps, 30 mg || $5.99 || $3.95 || More info |